Monday, January 22, 2007

Your help needed!

Recently, i've been receiving comments on my blog's name.

Naming this blog, i was thinking about the combination of my name (Dima) and the word blog, hence "Dimblog". The only thing i did not take into account, is that the word "dim" has an "interesting" meaning in EN.

Since i want to keep blogging as part of my academic practice, i think i should shift it to a new domain. It is also a good opportunity to do it now, since i am rearranging the entire thing anyway.

Now, I NEED YOUR HELP in choosing a new name for the blog.

I have a number of my own ideas, but i would like to hear everybody else's thoughts first and at the end i will open the decision to a vote. So please, whoever reads this blog, suggest alternative names (by email, or here).

I only hope it will go better than the naming of the desk :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got a short one:
Blogoogalization

Lisa said...

Dimwit would be even punchier...

Sorry, but you started it :)

How about Cheburashkademia/Cheburashkademik since that is long enough to probably be a Russian word and secondly it combines both your obsessions :)

Btw recommend you don't go with blogspot if you have the space to host your blog yourself. You'll always have better control over future innovation that way. Try Wordpress or Joomla or something in between those two.

Rsqr said...

Dimalization :DDDDD

Unknown said...

If you move, please, please, please make sure they provide normal RSS/Atom feed. Man, I love you, but I keep forgetting checking your blog and once I do remember, I comment on totally outdated entries.