Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Getting settled

Well, settling to a new place may be exciting, but may be also a bit frustrating. So I've been navigating between the two in the last 2.5 weeks, while I had to "personalize" my new home and as part of it get some furniture. Since Ithaca is appears to be kind of center of the world – it centrally remote from most major cities on the East coast – instead of going to Ikea (which, I was told, is about 250 miles away), I renovated some of the used furniture left at the basement of the house I live in. Since my time at home is limited, it was a frustrating and long process. However, as the outcomes start appearing, I think I do getting excited for the place starts getting a sense of home. So I painted some of the walls (maybe will share pictures later) and am getting some the furniture finished.

Here is the first one…. [drums]… a dresser!

Here what it looked like before:


And here what it looks like now in my room:



Well, I am not sure I am absolutely in love with colors, but it makes my room more colorful (instead of plain white) and it definitely could be worse. Now, there are more things "cooking" and I will post pictures as they are ready. So far, I think I really like how my future desk is turning out. Wait and see…

No comments: