Monday, August 21, 2006

Ithaca is gorges

Yesterday (Saturday) it was raining heavily:



To me, it was nice. It wasn't cold, wasn't hot and there was a feel of freshness in the air. The sad thing about it was that I couldn't go to the planned mini-track at one of the lakes in the area. However, today, when I had to walk up the hill (!!!) to the campus (since there is no bus in proximity on weekends) I took the Cascadilla creek rote and it was amazingly beautiful! The gorge was full of water and the stream was so strong and laud… a totally different experience from the calm creek two weeks ago.






So now I start understanding where the phrase "Ithaca is gorges" came from.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it's really beautiful..
A grandma question: Did you wet your legs? :)
Also, are you eating well? :)
Remember, we talked about what you are going to be cooking for dinner?

Ela

Dima said...

Yes it is and i hope i won't get used to it :)
What do you think? Could you walk by without wetting your feet? + as a proud Israeli i walk a lot in my Source sandals :)
I am eating OK, thank you. One of the first things that were explained to me is that the basic skill of a graduate student is finding free food. The free food is usually accompanied by a reception or a lecture (which actually makes it not that free), but it works. Bored PhDs in computer science are working on writing a program that will predict free food events on campus. As to my home cooking, i will take some pictures of a student meal. But i have to confess that i stil didn't get to the potato thing you explained me about. Maybe as it will get colder. In the meantime you are mostly welcome to send me more ideas ;)