Thursday, August 31, 2006

Macaroni with cheese and wine

Yesterday I had another culturally-culinary experience having my first ever macaroni with cheese and of course with wine. Well, Gina, my fellow student, already laughed at me claiming I made a very simple mac and cheese sound very sophisticated. And telling the truth, I was kind of disappointed myself, since all it had in the box were some macaroni and shredded cheese. As a consumer you have to add butter and milk yourself. Not very impressive. And although Erik claimed that this was a classic bachelor's dinner, I think I will switch back to simpler cooking.

Here is what a classic bachelor's dinner look like:



P.S. About the wine. I had a rather annoying accident a few days ago when I went to buy the wine and they refused selling it to me and wouldn't accept my Israeli driving license. I had a very long argument with them, including the manager of the store, but there was a very solid "no". So, now I guess I will have to get a local driving license, even if only for purpose of drinking in pubs and buying alcohol.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

my passport was the only acceptable document to prove my right to drink in USA. it would be the same for you here in drinking in oz -- foreign drivers license means nothing except you can drive :)

Dima said...

Well, it makes kind of sense - you can't drink and drive with a foreign license :)

However, i found a bar here which does respect the Israeli license...

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Dima. It's very good to have a journal space, whether it is done on the web or written in a personal book. If you want to try a different kind of mac&cheese, look for Velveeta cheese and shells. That is truly a meal in a box; it doesn't require any extra ingredients. :) Reconstituted dairy is always a questionable food source, in my opinion. ;P